Let's make Scones!

Last week I came across a recipe for vegan scones and drooled about them all week long. I wasn't going to make them because we are trying to go pretty much gluten free. Then I thought 'duh! Just make them, but without the gluten!' So, I played around with the recipe and ended up with some delicious and not too bad for you scones! And now I get to share them with you! The recipe that is, you have to make them yourself. The good news is they were pretty quick, and easy too!

Gluten-Free Vegan Scones
Takes about 30 minutes start to finish. Makes 12 good sized scones.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Gluten-Free flour
1/2 Cup Teft Flour
1/2 Cup Ground Almonds or Almond Flour
3/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum*
1/3 Cup Sugar + some for topping
1 Tbs. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 1/4 Cup Canned Coconut milk (cold) + some for topping
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips (vegan) OR fruit

*the Xanthan Gum helps to bind the flours, which is nice, but if you don't have it, you could skip it.

Preheat oven to 425
Mix all your dry ingredients: flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
Add your wet ingredients: vanilla extract and coconut milk. Stir until combined.
Fold in your chocolate chips or fruit.

On a floured surface, form the dough into a 3/4 inch thick disc. Using a sharp knife cut the dough into wedges, like a pie. I cut mine into 12 pieces, and they were a great size.

Place the wedges on a parchment lined cookie sheet an inch or 2 apart. Brush on coconut milk over each scone and sprinkle a good amount of sugar over that.

Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Eat. Enjoy. Repeat.


I made a batch of these after dinner, and didn't think they would make it to the morning, they were that good! We did manage to save a few that night. I hope you get to enjoy these yourself this weekend. I am going to make more for sure, but this time maybe with blackberries!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover